JOIN THE HARMONY HOUSE TEAM
Harmony House is a non-profit organization dedicated to the mission of providing shelter, advocacy and education to survivors of domestic violence. This includes the operation of a 168-bed facility that provides emergency shelter, transitional housing and support services to survivors. Harmony House also provides outreach support services and prevention education services. Harmony House, the first domestic violence shelter in Missouri, employees 38 full and part-time staff and remains the largest domestic violence shelter in the state. We strive to provide an innovative, engaging and rewarding work environment while fulfilling our mission of breaking the cycle of domestic violence.
If you are a passionate, energetic and responsible individual who is committed to helping survivors of domestic violence make the transition to a life free from abuse, we invite you to submit your application.
Job Title: In-House Case Manager
Case managers report directly to the Case Management Coordinator and are responsible for the clients assigned to them and the overall care required for each one. Case managers work closely with the Advocate Office Coordinator, Shelter Advocates, and other Case Managers to provide the best client care possible while individuals and families reside in Harmony House’s emergency shelter.
- Following guidelines for service provision as laid out in the Harmony House Employee, Shelter Policy, and In-House Case Management Manuals.
- Ensuring proper documentation of all data in the HMIS-comparable database Apricot and paperwork in client’s permanent file within 72 hours of any interaction.
- Assisting clients with housing needs upon intake and throughout their stay; ensuring clients’ needs are met by making appropriate referrals and assisting clients in connecting with other agencies for resources and services; informing clients of all services offered through the Harmony House and encouraging clients to participate in shelter activities and education services provided.
- Facilitating a weekly class pertaining to the dynamics of domestic violence for shelter residents and Outreach clients.
- Ensuring that confidentiality and safety are maintained at all times.
- Participating in the “on-call” rotation consisting of all CMs and CM Coordinator.
- Participating in 8 hours of training per year and attending all mandatory staff meeting and events.
- Previous experience working in case management preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, or other related field required.
- Previous experience working with survivors of domestic violence or abuse preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers, and community organizations.
- MUST HAVE valid driver’s license, dependable vehicle, and insurance coverage.
- MUST PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
This is a full-time position that offers benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance and paid time off. Normal working hours are 8:00 am through 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Send resume to Sunni Nutt at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kristen Snell at email@example.com