JOIN THE HARMONY HOUSE TEAM
Harmony House is a non-profit organization dedicated to the mission of providing shelter, advocacy and education to survivors of domestic violence. This includes the operation of a 172-bed facility that provides emergency shelter, transitional housing and support services to survivors. Harmony House also provides outreach support services and prevention education services. Harmony House, the first domestic violence shelter in Missouri, employees 25 full and part-time staff and remains the largest domestic violence shelter in the state. We strive to provide an innovative, engaging and rewarding work environment while fulfilling our mission of breaking the cycle of domestic violence.
If you are a passionate, energetic and responsible individual who is committed to helping survivors of domestic violence make the transition to a life free from abuse, we invite you to submit your application.
Harmony House is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advocacy of domestic abuse survivors. This includes the operation of a 172-bed shelter that provides emergency shelter, that provides three meals a day and a variety of support services to survivors. Harmony House also provides outreach services and engages in community-based abuse prevention efforts.
In-House Case Manager: Apply Today
Case managers report directly to the Shelter Director and are responsible for the clients assigned to them and the overall care required for each one. Case managers work closely with the Shelter Team Lead, Shelter Advocates, and other Case Managers to provide the best client care possible.
- Following guidelines for service provision as laid out in the Harmony House Employee and In-House Case Management Manuals.
- Ensuring proper documentation of all data in the HMIS-comparable database Apricot and paperwork in client’s permanent file within 72 hours of any interaction.
- Assisting clients with housing needs upon intake and throughout their stay; ensuring clients’ needs are met by making appropriate referrals and assisting clients in connecting with other agencies for resources and services; informing clients of all services offered through the Harmony House and encouraging clients to participate in shelter activities and education services provided.
- Facilitating a weekly class pertaining to the dynamics of domestic violence for shelter residents and Outreach clients.
- Ensuring that confidentiality and safety are maintained at all times.
- Participating in the “on-call” rotation consisting of all CMs and Shelter Director.
- Participating in 8 hours of training per year and attending all mandatory staff meeting and events.
- Previous experience working in case management preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, or other related field required.
- Previous experience working with survivors of domestic violence or abuse preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers, and community organizations.
- MUST HAVE valid driver’s license, dependable vehicle, and insurance coverage.
- MUST PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
This is a full-time position that offers benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance and paid time off. Normal working hours are 8:30 am through 5 pm Monday through Friday.
Donations Coordinator: Apply Today
The Donations Coordinator (DC) reports directly to the Director of Development and Marketing and is responsible for the overall receiving, coordination and management of in-kind donations to Harmony House. The Donations Coordinator is responsible for being a team member of the Development Department and will work closely with the Director of Development and other team members to be certain of the following:
• Receive all in-kind donations from donors cheerfully, appreciatively, professionally, and making sure that the donor knows how special donations are to Harmony House and the work with women and children survivors. Make everyone feel important and special.
• Provide a receipt to donors and collect as much information from them as possible, particularly for requesting if we may add their information and e-mail to our database to receive future information of what is developing at Harmony House.
• Pass along further information or pamphlets regarding Harmony House events or campaign from time to time as requested of the Director of Development.
• Manage volunteers for donations so that their time is used effectively and professionally for the processing of donations: ALL donations should be sorted through completely to determine what is useable, followed by sorting, arranging, storing, and keeping things very neat and tidy. Create a schedule for planned volunteers and interns so that they have assignments and know their duties when they arrive (subject to change as needed).
• Determine with Director of Development the process and/or who to reach out to in the community for a particular donation, i.e., equipment, items for residents, shelter, etc. Decide with the Director the best approach and who will call a potential donor.
• Determine with the Director of Development what information should be posted on the website and Facebook, and other media sources in regard to in-kind donation requests and recognitions.
• Determine with Director of Development and/or Executive Director how the donations area will be set up and maintained in a timely and orderly fashion. Such as a storage room for bedding, housewares, clothing, toys, women’s/children’s shopping boutique.
• Keep items sorted and attainable quickly for residents and those transitioning to their own housing.
• Clothing will be sorted in sizes for storage bins and will be gone through routinely to determine if some should be replaced with newer donations.
• Manage shopping Boutique and dressing area for Women and Children and the incentive points program for residents to shop.
o Appointments will be required when a volunteer is also working so that donations area and boutique will be covered.
o While individuals are shopping in the boutique, Donations Coordinator and/or Volunteer will be assisting them as needed, straightening clothing on racks and shelves, cleaning, or making sure that all is in order, just like a shop.
o Maintain the process and shopping experience with using points, checking out, making residents feel cared about, special, and an experience and incentive for them to want to return.
• With the Director of Development and Shelter Director will plan and coordinate Christmas donations, funds received, wish-lists and shopping for residents at Harmony House and the ability to provide Christmas gifts to the women and children being assisted by Harmony House.
• Work with Outreach in supplying items for their clients.
1. Previous experience working with in-kind donations preferred.
2. High School Diploma or equivalent to a college degree.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers, donors, community organizations and more.
4. Must have valid driver’s license, a dependable vehicle and insurance coverage. Must be able to work flexible hours as necessary. Must pass a background check.
This is a part-time position. Normal working hours will be Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and dependability is highly needed to be certain that donations’ receiving is open during those hours.