JOIN THE HARMONY HOUSE TEAM
Harmony House is a non-profit organization dedicated to the mission of providing shelter, advocacy and education to survivors of domestic violence. This includes the operation of a 168-bed facility that provides emergency shelter, transitional housing and support services to survivors. Harmony House also provides outreach support services and prevention education services. Harmony House, the first domestic violence shelter in Missouri, employees 34 full and part-time staff and remains the largest domestic violence shelter in the state. We strive to provide an innovative, engaging and rewarding work environment while fulfilling our mission of breaking the cycle of domestic violence.
If you are a passionate, energetic and responsible individual who is committed to helping survivors of domestic violence make the transition to a life free from abuse, we invite you to submit your application.
Harmony House is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advocacy of domestic abuse survivors. This includes the operation of a 168-bed shelter that provides emergency shelter, that provides three meals a day and a variety of support services to survivors. Harmony House also provides outreach services and engages in community-based abuse prevention efforts.
FT In-house Case Manager
Harmony House provides emergency shelter, advocacy, and education to domestic violence survivors. In-house Case Managers report directly to the Shelter Director and work closely with the Shelter Team Lead, shelter advocates, other case managers, and the Springfield community to provide the best client care possible. Currently, Harmony House has 168 beds in our emergency shelter and case managers are responsible for the provision of intensive support services to a caseload of 15 shelter residents, on average.
• Following guidelines for service provision as laid out in the Harmony House Employee and In-House Case Management Manuals.
• Ensuring proper documentation of all data in the HMIS-comparable database Apricot and paperwork in client’s permanent file within 72 hours of any interaction.
• Assisting clients with housing needs upon intake and throughout their stay; ensuring clients’ needs are met by making appropriate referrals and assisting clients in connecting with other agencies for resources and services; informing clients of all services offered through the Harmony House and encouraging clients to participate in shelter activities and education services provided.
• Facilitating a weekly class pertaining to the dynamics of domestic violence for shelter residents and Outreach clients.
• Ensuring that confidentiality and safety are maintained at all times.
• Participating in the “on-call” rotation consisting of all CMs and Shelter Director.
• Participating in 40 hours of training in the first year of employment and 8 hours of training per year thereafter; attending all mandatory staff meeting and events.
• Previous experience working in case management preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology, or other related field REQUIRED.
• Previous experience working with survivors of domestic violence or abuse preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers, and community organizations.
• Must have valid driver’s license, dependable vehicle, and insurance coverage.
• Must pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
This is a full-time position that offers benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance and paid time off. Normal working hours are 8:00 am through 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Please send resume and cover letter to Sunni Nutt: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time Light Maintenance Assistant; 20 hours per week
The Part-time Light Maintenance Assistant reports directly to the Facilities & Security Coordinator. The Part-time Light Maintenance Assistant is responsible for janitorial and lawn maintenance duties, as well as some light general maintenance at the direction of the Facilities Coordinator. Specific responsibilities include:
· Responsible for maintaining the general cleanliness of shelter common areas and public areas of building, such as the main lobby. This position should implement a regular cleaning schedule at least three days per week.
· Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the exterior of campus, specifically picking up trash and debris on a daily basis.
· Responsible for general lawn maintenance, specifically regular mowing and trimming of all areas of campus. Implements a summer schedule of mowing/trimming at least two days per week.
· Provides preventive maintenance and light repair services at the direction of the Facilities and Security Coordinator.
· Regularly communicates about needed maintenance and repair issues to the Facilities and Security Coordinator.
· Enters needed repairs and maintenance into the maintenance log.
· Run errands to Lowes, Jay Key and other local vendors as requested by supervisor.
· Maintains a clean and organized work space.
· All other duties as may be requested.
1. Previous janitorial, lawn care and/or light maintenance experience.
2. High School Diploma or above.
3. The ability to multi-task and set priorities.
4. The ability to work effectively with staff and volunteers.
5. Must have valid driver’s license, a dependable vehicle and insurance coverage.
6. Must be able to work flexible hours as necessary.
7. Must pass a background check.
This is a part-time position that offers some benefits, including pro-rated vacation and personal time and participation in a Simple IRA (after 1 year).