NEED HELP? Harmony House is Here for You
Harmony House programs are free and confidential. Our main purpose is to listen and support you.
24-hour SAFEline (417-864-7233)
- Shelter resident support (case management)
- Outreach support (case management) for non-shelter residents
- Support groups
- Life skills, parenting & relationship classes
- Childcare for current residents in shelter
- Transportation assistance for current residents
- Legal advocacy and assistance with Orders of Protection (restraining orders)
- Referrals to other community resources
Call 911 if you are in immediate danger! Talk to someone you trust about what is happening and make a safety plan and emergency kit.
Your plan and emergency kit should include things such as:
- Copies of important documents such as Birth Certificate, Social Security Cards, Driver’s License/ID Card, Ex parte or Order of Protection, Divorce Decree, Lease, rental agreement, property deed, mortgage payment book, Medical and Vaccination Records, Insurance Card, School Records
- Clothing for myself and children
- Extra set of keys
- Money and bank account information
- VIP Contacts; attorney, doctors, police department, taxi , safe friends/family
- Who you will call and phone numbers. Consider a code word or phrase.
- Be sure to discuss safety with your children and make sure they know how to get help if violence occurs
Call 911 if you are in immediate danger. Call our 24 hour SAFEline to speak with an advocate about our program. SAFEline: 417-864-SAFE (7233).